Check out some interesting facts and figures about
Population of Maharashtra, India.
Facts about Population of Maharashtra
Facts and Figures on Population of Maharashtra
- The ever growing state of Maharashtra is the second largest state of
India both in terms of population and land area. There are millions of
people living in various districts, regions and cities of Maharashtra.
Get details on some interesting facts about Demographics of Maharashtra.
Interesting facts about Population in Maharashtra
Some Interesting facts about Population of
- Maharashtra is the second most-populous state in India after
- With population of over 11 million people, Thane is the most
populous district in Maharashtra.
- Total SC (Schedule Caste) population in the state is 98.81 lakhs,
10.2 percent of state's population.
- Mumbai with 89% literates has highest literacy rate in
- Maharashtra has added 15 million people to its population in the
decade 2001 - 2011.
- Six Urban Agglomeration (UA)/cities of Maharashtra are having
population of 1 million and above in the state. These UA /cities are
Greater Mumbai, Pune, Nagpur, Nasik, Vasai Virar city and
- The sex ratio of Maharashtra is low as compared to national
figures. Also there is a sharp decline in sex ratio in some
districts of the state.
- 17 districts in state of Maharashtra have a sex ratio lower than
national sex ratio of 940.
- The state is home to 15 million Muslims or people following