Kailash Colony Metro Station is an elevated station located on the Delhi Metros Violet Line. Get details on Kailash Colony Metro Station with location, map and facilities.
Kailash Colony Metro Station
|Violet Line (Delhi Metro)|
|System||Delhi Metro - a rapid transit system in Delhi|
Kailash Colony Metro Station - The metro station at Kailash Colony is located on Violet Line of Delhi Metro. This metro station was first opened for public on 3 October 2010 before the Commonwealth Games opening ceremony took place in Delhi. The station is exactly located between Nehru Place and Moolchand metro stations in South Delhi. Kailash Colony Metro Station is located on the main road connecting Defence Colony to Nehru Place. The station is an elevated one with escalators on both sides of Metro station. One can also see the famous Lotus Temple from this metro station. The train frequency on this metro station varies between 4 to 12 minutes depending on the peak hours. A/C Lift is operational on both sides of Kailash Colony metro station for passengers. Metro station at Kailash Colony provides an easy access to various parts of New and Old Delhi thus cutting the commuting time of passengers.
Facilities at Kailash Colony Metro Station:
- Lift on both sides of Metro Station.
- Automatic Escalators are available for passengers.
- Ticket counters and smart card recharge facilities.
- X-Ray machine and baggage scanner have been installed at Kailash Colony Metro station for security.
Shopping Markets near Kailash Colony Metro Station:
- The famous Kailash Colony market is just 100 metres away from the station.
- Greater Kailash Part 1 M block market is located just 1 km away.
Updated as on 1 October 2019